Next Generation Metered and Switched Rack PDUs focus on accessibility and efficiency for effective real-time and remote data center management
West Kingston, RI– August 4, 2010– APC by Schneider Electric, a global leader in integrated critical power and cooling services, today announced the Next Generation Rack Power Distribution (PDU) units. APC’s new Next Generation Metered and Switched Rack PDUs will help IT and facilities managers more effectively and productively manage power capacity and functionality for critical network, server and data center equipment. APC’s new Rack PDUs solve rack-level power needs while incorporating new intelligent features like real power measurement and environmental monitoring all in a space-efficient zero-U form factor – the most shallow depth form factor in the industry.
“More data center managers are starting to look at energy as a productive asset, and they need the tools to be able to help maximize the resources at hand. APC’s Next Generation Rack PDUs are one of the tools that can help with energy management across the data center through real-time monitoring, while saving space,” said Dave Guidette, senior vice president, Enterprise Systems, Services & Software, APC.
APC’s new platform of Rack PDUs consists of 19 new models in the Metered and Switched product families, Metered AP8800 series and Switched AP8900 series. The AP8800 Metered Rack PDU series provides advanced, real-time remote monitoring of connected loads with user-defined alarms to warn of potential circuit overloads before critical IT failures occur, enabling IT managers to proactively monitor and resolve issues. The AP8900 Switched Rack PDU series provides advanced load monitoring combined with remote on/off switching control of individual outlets for power cycling, delayed power sequencing, and outlet use management. All Next Generation Rack PDUs include active power metering and remote alarming with volts, amps, real power (kW), and energy (kWh) measurements. Other features include:
· Active metering capabilities on the new Rack PDU series provides IT managers with full feature network management abilities to access and configure the Rack PDU settings via web, SNMP and telnet, and also enables comprehensive overload monitoring and user defined alarms to warn of potential circuit overloads, helping to prevent accidental power loss to critical equipment.
· Integrated user interactive LCD display interface, replaceable for future upgrades, allows for real-time equipment connectivity & load balancing guidance and provides optional temperature and humidity monitoring with user defined alarms.
· Power cycle outlets and the ability to define groups of outlets by user on one or more Rack PDUs enable quick recovery from locked equipment events. User-defined outlet power-up sequencing also prevents overloads during startup and recovery (Switched Rack PDUs).
· Enhanced security features include remote individual outlet control, which lets IT managers turn off unused outlets to prevent unauthorized use, avoid accidental overloads and control where new equipment is deployed.
· New ultra low profile, space saving, hydraulic-magnetic breakers maximize IT equipment space and provide the strongest over-current protection available for high temperature rack enclosure environments.
· Next Generation Rack PDUs feature locking IEC receptacles and when used with the new locking IEC jumper cords enable the use of an exclusive, easy-to-use space saving cord retention method, eliminating the need for bulky cable management brackets. Output jumper cords are available in multiple lengths including two, four and six-foot increments; and a wide variety of standard input, output and adapter power cords compatible with most IT applications.